SHIPE POOL – SUMMER 2020
Shipe Pool opens on June 1, 2020 with guidelines to limit the risk of COVID-19 infection and transmission.
POOL HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun 1-7pm
- Swimming offered in 2 hour blocks (1-2:45pm, 3-4:45pm, 5-6:45pm)
- Arrive 30 mins before each block for Prescreening
- Pool area will be cleared for sanitizing for 15 mins before each block opens
- Entry is “drop in” only. There is no reservation system.
- Required Prescreening begins 30 mins before the start of each block.
- Masks are required for entry
- Temperatures will be taken and guests must provide their name and phone number or email for contact tracing if needed. ID’s not required.
- Capacity will be 25% of normal occupancy limit including lifeguards
- Ins and Outs will be allowed
POOL RULES and SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- City of Austin requirements for 6′ distancing will apply within the facility.
- Masks are required to be worn within the facility at all times unless in the water. Lifeguards will wear masks at all times.
- No masks will be allowed in the pool.
- Pool area will be cleared for 15 mins before each block begins for sanitizing per CDC and local health official guidelines.
- All touchpoints (rails, ladders, bathrooms, gate etc) will be disinfected with a bleach and water solution per CDC guidelines.
- Pool will be chlorinated above normal City of Austin standards but still within a range that maintains safety and comfort for the swimmers.
- Changing rooms and showers will be closed. Come dressed to swim. Bathrooms will be open for use.
- Bring your own camp chair as benches will be closed off to prevent close proximity seating and co-mingling of possessions.
- Lifeguards in the duty chairs are focused on water safety and will not be responsible for social distancing enforcement. Do not ask lifeguards in duty chairs to engage.
- Lifeguards on the ground will assist enforcement policies outside of the water. Persons not complying with Pool Rules will be asked to comply or law enforcement will be called per PARD standard policy.
More questions? Check out the Austin Aquatics FAQs regarding COVID-19 guidelines.